To take a course at UMass Law this summer, you'll need to apply as a visiting student. The deadline to register for a summer course is March 23.
Visiting applicants must provide the with the following:
- Visiting Student Application with non-refundable $50 fee
- an official transcript of your law study from each law school attended
- a letter from the dean or dean’s designee of the other law school, stating that credit earned at UMass Law will be acceptable toward meeting degree requirements and that you are in good standing
- a statement indicating why you wish to spend an academic year (or semester) at UMass Law
Visiting students receive financial aid from their own law schools, not UMass Law, and may not enroll in courses which are over-subscribed by UMass Law students.
Visiting student forms
- Visiting Student Application Form (PDF)
- Visiting Student Registration Request (PDF)
- Visiting Student Guide (PDF)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Complete the Visiting Student Registration Request with full payment.
Admission as a visiting student entitles you to enroll in courses on a space-available basis. Courses without sufficient enrollment are subject to cancellation. You will be notified if any changes are made to the program.